The Bachelor of Education programme, generally known as B.Ed. is a professional course that prepares teachers for upper primary or middle level (Classes VI to VIII), secondary level (Classes IX- X) and senior secondary level Classes (XI- XII). The programme will be offered through the affiliated B. Ed. colleges which are recognized by the NCTE.
In exercise of the powers conferred under Section 44 of Karnataka State Universities Act 2000, the Academic Council of Kuvempu University frames the following regulations.
- These Regulations shall be called as Kuvempu University Regulations: 2014-2015 governing Two Year B.Ed., Degree Programme (Semester Scheme).
- Ed., Degree Programme shall be offered under the Faculty of Education.
The programme will be of duration of two academic years (4 semesters) which can be completed in a maximum period of 3 years from the date of admission to the course.
- There will be at least two hundred working days in each academic year, exclusive of the period of examinations and admission.
- The institution will work for a minimum of 36 hours in a week (five or six days), during which physical presence in the institution of all the teachers and student teachers is necessary to ensure there availability for interaction, advice, guidance, dialogue and consultation as and when needed.
- The minimum attendance of student-teachers will have to be 80 % for all course work and practicum, and 90% for school internship.